If you sleep with your laptop, physically make the hashtag sign with your hands when you say “hashtag,” or if your parents keep up with your life via your Twitter feed -- then you totally work in social media marketing.
Social media marketing has become increasingly important in boosting revenue for brands. It increases visibility and improves customer loyalty. Social media marketing is not just a buzzword: it’s here to stay. So while those who work in social media marketing are likely working 14-hour-days and on the weekends, it's okay because your efforts are invaluable to the brand you represent.
Here's how you know you work in social media marketing…
1) You’re not surprised when Facebook announces that they’ve changed its algorithm once again.
2) You know when it’s "National Bring Your Pet to Work Day," "National Chocolate Cake Day," "Send a Friend a Card Day," and "Bike to Work Day."
3) You check trending hashtags on Twitter like it’s your job…oh wait it is…
5) You have so many tabs open that you can’t even read website titles, and you have no idea where anything is!
6) You have to get pumped up before a Twitter chat!
8) Only your co-workers understand what you mean when you say engagements or impressions
9) You can speak in GIFS
…This article speaks for itself
10) You are able to communicate with the people sitting next to you using 5 different platforms. Thank you Gchat, Slack, Jabber and Spark.
11) When you neglect your own social media posts because you’ve spent your day on everyone else’s
12) You have a spiritual connection to your creative team/graphic designer!
13) Every time a new app comes out, it’s all the rage in the office for about 4 minutes…then everyone gets skeptical…
14) When you see a social media contests, but you don’t see any T&C’s...
15) When your friends and family constantly ask, “What do you do again?” and then just assume your play on Twitter all day…
17) You get mad when you keep seeing the same stock footage people over and over!
18) You constantly ask your friends and family to re-tweet, follow and like your brand's posts.
19) You only go to a social outing so you can take pictures for your Instagram.
20) You can list 5 social media influencers in less than 10 seconds.